This is How Non-governmental scholarships Work in Canada. Apply here. As a matter of fact, international students pursuing higher education in Canada, can apply for various types of funding. These are available by the government, universities, or non-governmental organizations. Given below are the details of how Non-governmental scholarships Work in Canada for international students.
Do you know that Scholarships are typically based on merit? And that grants and bursaries usually take financial need into consideration for approval. Other criteria for some scholarships, grants and bursaries are academic achievement, athletic skill, extra-curricular involvement, or special abilities.
Types of Scholarships in Canada for International Students:
Here are the types of scholarships you can win to study and live in Canada. Can you read through and apply immediately?
- Canadian Government Scholarships: The Canadian government awards these scholarships to encourage international students to study in Canada.
- Non-Government Scholarships: Different trusts, foundations, and organizations offer this. These are for students pursuing a specific course stream. They are to encourage participation and development in the said field.
- Institutional Scholarships: In addition are these scholarships by universities or colleges in Canada to students who are pursuing education with them.
How Non-governmental scholarships Work in Canada
How do you search for scholarship awards in Canada for international students?
Firstly, is to look for funding. In doing this, find out from your home country immigration, home affairs, or external affairs department what funding options are offered to students planning to study abroad.
Secondly, you can search for funding from Canadian government, non-government, or institutional scholarships to study in Canada. For the first two types of scholarships, you can search for Government of Canada International Scholarships or International Council for Canadian Studies.
What are the criteria for applying & winning scholarships in Canada for international students?
You should get it right in your head that there are criteria for winning scholarships in Canada. To get any scholarship in Canada as an international student, one has to make sure that he/she fulfill certain criteria. However, it should be noted also that each individual scholarship overall eligibility varies. Yet, there are some general requirements that international students must keep in mind. These include:
- Academic excellence: I this case, for you to study in Canada on scholarships you must ensure that you have good academic scores. This is because most of the scholarships are merit-based. This means, financial support will be offered to meritorious students only.
- Language Proficiency: This is also important as most international students do not have English as their first language. Therefore, having better language skills or proficiency scores on exams like IELTS/TOEFL enhances your chances of getting a scholarship to study in Canada.
- Extracurricular Indulgence: Academic and language merit apart, some scholarships in Canada for international students also consider students’ involvement in volunteering and extracurricular activities. In this regard, certain applicants involved in some stream specific scholarships, such as programs like social work, etc. would be preferred. In fact, work experience in the field concerned ia an added advantage and enhances chance of winning the scholarships.
How Non-governmental scholarships Work in Canada
Non-governmental scholarships to study in Canada:
1. Anne Vallee Ecological Fund – Scholarships for international students undertaking animal research at doctoral level. This for an accredited Canadian university in Québec or British Columbia.
2. Canada Memorial Scholarship – Full funded scholarships are available for British postgraduate students to study at any accredited Canadian higher education provider. Funding covers tuition, airfares, accommodation and more.
3. Surfshark Privacy and Security Scholarship – A $2,000 prize is available to a student currently enrolled in Canada or another study destination as a high school, undergraduate or graduate student. Here you will have to to submit an essay to apply and the scholarship is open to all nationalities.
4. Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships – The Trudeau Foundation offers a number of scholarships, fellowships and mentorships to international students at doctoral level undertaking study in Canada at selected institutions.
Read Also About How Non-governmental scholarships Work in Canada
- How to get cheap immigration visa to Canada
- How to win scholarship in UK Universities
- And, How to win Canadian Government sponsored Scholarships
- Specific University scholarship programs in Canada
As a matter of fact, listed above are some of the Non-governmental scholarships in Canada and how it works. You can apply. Noting the criteria and other requirements is very crucial to winning these scholarships.
Finally, there will be an update of this publication very soon. You are therefore advised to bookmark this web page. You can also get along with us if you like us on our Facebook handle ad click to share this post through our other social media buttons.
Founder/Managing Partner of Complete Full Marks Consultants Ltd. An Economist turned Chattered Accountant and Tax Practitioner with over 37 years of industrial experience.