Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Fresh Recruitment 2017 – FMARD recruiting Rural Finance Officers in Ebonyi, Benue and Anambra states for International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). The Rural Finance Officer will Provide technical leadership to operationalize the programmes financial, inclusion vision and objectives for direct beneficiaries and potential financial service providers.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply for this post. Such candidates must be willing to move to work in these identified states. Serving public officers could with special arrangements partake of this exercise.
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Fresh Recruitment 2017
Table of Contents
- Provide technical leadership to operationalize the programmes financial, inclusion vision and objectives for direct beneficiaries and potential financial service providers;
- Lead the preparation and negotiations of performance-based agreement with financial service providers intervening in the implementation of rural financial services;
- Guide programme partners and service providers on the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme financial services activities including the promotion of financial inclusiveness;
- Facilitate the mainstreaming of proven rural financial inclusion models in VCDP
- Supervise and verify the quality of rural finance-related services delivered by partners and service providers:
- Lead the technical preparation of the programmes periodic progress reports in the area of rural financial services clearly assessing implementation progress; achievement of outputs based expected development outcomes; and recommendations on the way forward;
- The officer shall work with other staff of the programme for preparing the Annual Work Plan and Budget for the sub-component;
- Ensure implementation of the recommendations of supervision and follow-up missions in the areas of rural financial services;
- Undertake any other duty assigned by the National Programme Coordinator;
- Provide technical support and facilitate linkages FOs and financial service providers (FSPs) to access financial services
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential financial institutions;
- Train and build financial capacities of farmers’ organizations to increase their capacity to mobilize savings and manage credit effectively;
- Support financial institutions to create awareness to farmers and VC actors on micro and agricultural insurance.
Qualifications & Cognate Experience
- Master’s Degree in the Social Science, Finance, Agricultural Economics or Economics;
- At least 5 years in design, support to and/or implementation of rural agricultural finance programmes for smallholder farmers as well as other actors of the value chain preferably in an international development programme or with an established finance institution
- Significant knowledge and experience in microfinance, financial inclusion;
- Good inter-personal, computer and communication skills (oral, written, presentation);
- Experience in report writing, data collection and documentation;
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of Gender and IFAD-assisted financial inclusion programme is a strong advantage
- Working experience with an International Donor organization will be an added advantage.
- Successful candidates will be engaged for a period of one year ONLY
- Candidates engagement is subject to renewal, which will be based on satisfactory performance upon evaluation and availability of funds.
- Applicants should please indicate the position they are applying for at the top right hand corner of the envelope.
- The position is open to qualified persons including from the serving public Officers
Since IFAD was created in 1977, IFAD has focused exclusively on rural poverty reduction, working with poor rural populations in developing countries to eliminate poverty, hunger and malnutrition; raise their productivity and incomes; and improve the quality of their lives.
For further information:
Founder/Managing Partner of Complete Full Marks Consultants Ltd. An Economist turned Chattered Accountant and Tax Practitioner with over 37 years of industrial experience.