Recruitment of Economic Analyst @ OPEC
Recruitment of Economic Analyst @ OPEC is ongoing. This post gives details of the recruitment application form and portal. If you are interested in this position, please read through and apply accordingly.
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) coordinates and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries. This is to ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers. In addition, to ensure a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Economic Analyst
Deadline: 1 July 2019 – Job Code: 4.2.01
The prime objectives of the Petroleum Studies Department are:
- To provide pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries.
- To carry out, on a continuous basis, research programmes and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly) as well as ad hoc basis highlighting important issues for their use and consideration.
- And, to conduct regular forecasts, elaborate and analyse oil market scenarios and prepare and publish reports on these findings.
- To promote OPEC views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report (especially the feature article) as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts.
- To prepare and contribute to reports to be submitted to the ECB, the BOG and the MMSC as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
Objective of Position:
- To analyse key indicators and forecast global economic development in the short- to medium- term with emphasis on developing countries and countries in transition;
- to consolidate findings for inclusion in the Monthly Oil Market Report as well as reports for OPEC Governing Bodies;
- And, to prepare occasional and topical reports/studies as requested.
Recruitment of Economic Analyst @ OPEC – Main Responsibilities:
- Analyses leading indicators of world economic development including trade, commodity prices and investments and on this basis monitors and forecasts short- to medium- term developments with particular focus on developing countries and countries in transition.
- Prepares and comments on an economic outlook for developing countries, including OPEC Member Countries, for the Monthly Oil Market Report and other reports. Prepares and presents associated materials to meetings of the ECB.
- Contributes to economic studies in support of PSD analyses of oil demand in developing countries; monitors and assesses the impact of oil price, subsidies and taxation policies on the demand for oil.
- Builds up and pursues collaborative networks with Member Countries’ and other countries’ academic and business institutions to enhance pertinent data gathering and analysis.
- Participates in relevant task forces, external meetings and conferences in particular on subjects relating to analysis on and cooperation with oil consuming developing countries.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- University Degree in Economics
- Advanced degree preferred
- Work Experience:
University degree: 8 years
Advanced degree: 6 years
Macroeconomics, international trade and/or development economics.
Knowledge of applied econometrics and quantitative methods an asset.
Knowledge of the oil industry an asset.
Recruitment of Economic Analyst @ OPEC – Competencies:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Language: English
Status and Benefits:
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of the Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Recruitment of Economic Analyst @ OPEC
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in an application form which can be downloaded from the OPEC website.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Country Governor not later than 1 July 2019.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
- AGIP 2018/2019 Nigerian Univrsities Scholarship awards.
- 2019 Overseas Scholarships
- Agip Exploration Limited 2019/2020 Post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme
- Electro Technical Officer @ NIMASA
- More Scholarships progrmmes
- Head, Data Service Department @ OPEC
- Chief Engineers @ NIMASA
To get more recruitment information on this site,please, Google site search for completefmc. That is, type whatever you want to search for on google by adding /completefmc at the end to get you right inside this site. e.g. 2019/2020 recruitment/completefmc will take you to other recruitment posts on this site. Just try it now.
In addition, click to read the highlighted comments on our pages.
Lastly, make maximum use of our social media buttons. You can do this by utilizing our share, follow us buttons and comment box. These will keep you connected with us. Remember, that by sharing you maintain the friendship bond.