How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers.
Do you want to join the Nigerian Army as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers? If your answer is YES, here are the application requirements and procedure to join. How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers discloses how you must get enlisted in this 2020 DSSC recruitment exercise. How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers is ongoing.
As a matter of fact, the Nigerian Army invites eligible Nigerians to apply for commissioning into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. In fact, the DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of; Meteorologist, Electrical/Mechanical Engineer (Army Aviation), Air Traffic Controller/Communicator, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Officer – Directorate of Army Physical Training, Officer – Directorate of Army Physical Training, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineer, Officer-Directorate of Army Public Relations, Officer – Directorate of Islamic Affairs, Officer-Directorate of Legal Service, Nigerian Army Education Officer and Chaplain (Roman Catholic).
How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. – Requirements:
1. Meteorologist: BSc or HND in Meteorology with NCAA approved License from any government approved organization/institution.
2. Electrical/Mechanical Engineer (Army Aviation): Minimum of a B.Eng or HND in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with not less than 2 years works experience.
3. Air Traffic Controller/Communicator: Minimum of BSc, B Eng or HND in Air Traffic Controller/Communicators with NCAA approved Air Traffic Control License.
4. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer: Minimum of B Eng or HND in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.
5.Officer – Directorate of Army Physical Training: Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Human Kinetics Specialist, Physical and Health Education, Sports Administration Sports Coaching, Physiotherapy or Sports Psychology.
6.Officer – Directorate of Army Physical Training: Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Human Kinetics Specialist, Physical and Health Education, Sports Administration Sports Coaching, Physiotherapy or Sports Psychology.
How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers.
7. Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineer: Minimum of B Eng or HND in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering with not less than 3 years of work experience.
8. Officer-Directorate of Army Public Relations: Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Joualism, Printing, Radio and Television Broadcasting, Radio Operation and Performance, Graphic Design, Public Relations and Advertising.
Agin, applicants must have evidence of Membership to any Professional body in relation to media operation and joualism.
9. Officer – Directorate of Islamic Affairs: Applicants must possess a minimum of B.A, B.Ed (Second Class Lower) Degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies, LLB Sharia with Diploma in Arabic from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University
Furthermore, each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria
applicants must be able to speak English Language.
10.Officer-Directorate of Legal Service: Applicants must possess LLB, BL from a recognized institution. A minimum of 2 years post Law School legal practice is required and applicants must present evidence of this.
11. Nigerian Army Education Officer: Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree in any of the following areas: B.Sc (Ed) in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Library/Information Science and B.Ed in French, Portuguese, German and English Languages.
Note: Applicants are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies.
12. Chaplain (Roman Catholic): Applicants must possess a minimum of Bachelor (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas: Philosophy and Theology from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome.
Furthermore, applicants must have good standing in the church and be also released by a Diocesan Bishop. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants must satisfy that he or she is –
- A Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- A male or female between the ages of 23 and 28 by January 2020.
- Medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA Standards.
- Recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Attestation must be by:
- A Local Government Chairman/Secretary
- Any officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel or an equivalent
- An Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin.
Note: Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have convicted by any court of law.
Furthermore, Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case, and,
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from any accredited institution of learning.
- Valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
NON-SERVING ARMY PERSONNEL:
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption as the case may be.
- Only post-secondary credentials obtained from 2014 to-date will be considered.
- You must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- You must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
SERVING MILITARY PERSONNEL:
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders.
- They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions.
- Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. – CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
- Direct Short-Service-Commission will be granted for 15 years. That is, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years.
- Direct Regular-Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as commissioned officer.
- Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- Applicants who successfully complete the military training shall be commissioned in the rank of Lieutenant.
How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers – APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
28th September, 2019.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Follow the Application Guide below:
- Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
- Read the qualification criteria.
- From the home page, select SSC application.
- On successful registration, you will receive an email notification containing your login details.
- Click on ‘Login’ to complete the application form.
ENSURE ALL REQUIRED-DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW RE UPLOADED:
- Passport photograph.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. Print out must be signed acordingly. Applicants would be required to present printed photo-slips to selection-board during interview.
Note: Applicants are to submit ONLY one registration.
How to Join Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers – FURTHER INFORMATION:
For further information, you may call 08179269294 and 08109959294 between 0800 – 1800 hours daily while the portal is yet open or visit www.army.mil.ng
Department of Military Secretary,
Asokoro – Abuja.
For more information on this website click here. Click also to follow us on any of our social media handles for further update on this recruitment exercise.