How-Apply as Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Officer (SSC 46/2020)
Do you want to join the Nigerian Army as Short Service Combatant Commission Officers (SSC 46/2020)? If your answer is YES, here are the application requirements and procedure to join. To join, How-Apply as Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Officer (SSC 46/2020) discloses how you must get enlisted in this SSC 46/2020.
As matter of fact, the Nigerian Army, wishes to invite applications from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant (SSC) Commission Course 46/2020. In this regard, this SSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Short Service Combatant Commission Officer 46/2020. This is a nationwide massive recruitment exercise.
How-Apply as Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Officer (SSC 46/2020) – Entry Requirements:
All applicants must satisfy the he or she is –
- A Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- A male or female between the ages of 23 and 28 by January 2020.
- Medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA Standards.
- Recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Attestation must be by:
- A Local Government Chairman/Secretary
- Any officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel or an equivalent
- An Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin.
Note: Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
Furthermore, Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case, and,
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences or humanities from any accredited institution of learning.
- Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of study.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
Non-serving Army Personnel:
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid certificate of exemption as the case may be.
- Only post-secondary academic credentials obtained from 2014 to date will be considered.
- You must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- You must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
Serving Military Personnel:
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders.
- They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions.
- Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
How-Apply as Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Officer (SSC 46/2020) – Conditions of Service:
- SSC will be granted for 15 years.
- Ten years will be on active list renewable thereafter for a period not more than 5 years.
- No extension shall be granted after the fifteenth year of commission except on conversion to regular combatant commission where applicable.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of second lieutenant.
- Conversion to regular combatant commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time..
- The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
How-Apply as Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Officer (SSC 46/2020) – Application Closing Date
28th September, 2019.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Follow the Application Guide below:
- Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
- Read the qualification criteria.
- From the home page, select SSC application.
- On successful registration, you will receive an email notification containing your login details.
- Click on ‘Login’ to complete the application form.
Ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
- Passport photograph.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from his/her state. Successful applicants would be required to present their printed photo-slips to the selection board during interview.
Note: Applicants are to submit ONLY one registration.
How-Apply as Nigerian Army Short Service Combatant Commission Officer (SSC 46/2020) – Further Information:
For further information, you may call 08179269294 and 08109959294 between 0800 – 1800 hours daily while the portal is yet open or visit www.army.mil.ng
Department of Military Secretary,
Asokoro – Abuja.
For more information on this website click here. Click also to follow us on any of our social media handles for further update on this recruitment exercise.