Federal Civil Service Commission Promotion Test for 2020 – Reforms. Reforms carried out by governments could be political, educational, social or economic etc. Therefore, reforms could be inherited from past government or developed by current serving government. NEED and SEED are some of this. In fact, Federal Civil Service Commission Promotion Test 2020 expected questions are here.
What is REFORM?
As a matter of fact, Reform is structured as to correct someone or something. It could also be to cause someone or something to be better. In fact, it may mean transformation. Therefore, it could mean to amend or improve by change of form or removal of faults or abuses. In this case, it may mean to put an end to (an evil) by enforcing or introducing a better method or course of action. In fact, it may mean to induce or cause to abandon evil ways.
RELATED QUESTIONS: Federal Civil Service Commission Promotion Test for 2020 – Reforms
To start with, here are some related questions. Mention 10 reforms President Olusegun Obasanjo introduced.
The reforms could be grouped as follows;
- Economic Reforms
- Political Reforms
- Banking Reforms
- Civil/Public Service Reform
- Information Reform.
- In addition, Anti-Corruption Reforms
- Labour Reform.
- Restoration of FCT Master Plan Reform
- Lastly, Rice Initiatives Reform
What are the Programs which the present Nigerian Government inherited from the past Government?
- UBE, University Basic Education to raise general level of education.
- Ant-Corruption Bill.
- National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS).
- Overall, Poverty alleviation Programs.
- State the full meaning of NEEDS.
NEED is National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS).
2. When was NEEDS Launched in Nigeria and by who?
On May 29th 2004, by President Obasanjo.
3. List the key strategies of NEEDS.
The key Strategies of NEEDS are:
- Reforming Government and Institutions: In fact, the goal is to restructure and right-size public offices. So, to re-professionalize and strengthen government and public institutions. This is to enable them deliver effective services to the people.
- Implementing a Social Charter: In fact, NEEDS is about people. It’s about people’s welfare, health education, employment, and poverty eradication. These are the ultimate goals of NEEDS.
- Furthermore is, Growing the Private Sector: As a matter of fact, NEEDS is a development strategy creation for employment generation and poverty reduction. The private sector is the executor. This is because, it is the direct investor and manager of businesses.
- Finally, is Value re-orientation: This principle entails that hard work is rewarded. Therefore, that corruption and rent-seeing are punished.
CORE values of NEEDS @ Federal Civil Service Commission Promotion Test for 2020 – Reforms :
- Mention at least three (3) core values of NEEDS,
Furthermore, the following are the core values of NEEDS:
- Honesty and accountability
- Self-confidence and moral courage
- What are the principles of NEEDS?
The followings are the three (3) Main principles of NEEDS:
- New forms of partnership among all terms of government. Public private society and the international community.
- A public service that delivers. Prompt and quality service to the people.
- An incentive structure that rewards. And celebrate private enterprises, entrepreneurial spirit and excellence.
- List three (3) NEEDS areas of FOCUS.
In addition, the areas of focus of NEEDS are:
- Poverty reduction
- Employment generation
- Elimination of corruption
- Furthermore, Wealth creation
- Value re-orientation.
And finally, on Federal Civil Service Commission Promotion Test for 2020 – Reforms
What is the difference between NEEDS and SEEDS?
NEEDS means National Economic Empowerment & Development Strategies. It’s a policy of the Federal Government. It’s geared towards enhancing total economic growth and development. It covers all spheres of the economy.
On the other hand, SEEDS mean States Economic Empowerment Development Strategies. It’s the equivalent of NEEDS in the various States of the Federation.
Finally, why not benchmark this page? Again, help us share this post to reach your friends. Sharing is loving. completefmc.com wishes you well in your promotion tests. Thanks.