NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICES (NIS) RECRUITMENT 2017
Nigeria immigration Service (NIS) recruitment 2017 – is providing avenue for answering some of these your worries of: immigration recruitment portal 2017;Nigeria immigration service recruitment exam date, Nigeria immigration recruitment 2017/2018, Nigeria immigration recruitment portal 2017.
Nigeria Immigration Services (Nis) Recruitment 2017
Equally important are, nis recruitment gov ng, nis recruitment org ng, www.nis.fedcivilservice.gov.ng 2017, http www nisrecruitment org ng.
NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICES (NIS) RECRUITMENT 2017: APPLICABLE VACANCIES:
In fact,the following cadre/officer grades are available.
ALSO READ: N-Power Recruitment Procedure
Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI ”)
Applicant must possess a minimum of first degree from a recognised institution of higher learning.
NYSC discharged certificate
Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
(a) Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) & (b) Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII)
1.Applicants for Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) must possess a minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognised institution.
Applicants for Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII) must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
NYSC certificate is compulsory for senior Inspector of Immigration (SII)
2.Applicants for Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII) must possess a minimum of NCE/OND from a recognised institution.
Applicants for Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII) must be between the ages of 18-26 years.
Immigration Assistant III (IA ”’):
Applicant must be a holder of SSCE, NECO, GCE O/Level with minimum of four(4) credit in not more than 2 sittings, which should include English and Maths.
Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 years.
Applicants must also take note of the following:
- www.nisrecruitment.org.ng is the official Nigeria Immigration Service URL that connects to the Recruitment and Enlistment Portal. Any other website or portal apart from this portal is considered a SCAM. THIS ONLINE APPLICATION IS FREE.
- There shall be computer based test for shortlisted candidates. Appropriate time and date shall be communicated to such persons.
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted at recruitment centre shall not be acceptable after recruitment exercise.
- A duly completed and signed guarantor’s section of the application form to be presented for screening, which is to be signed by officers not below the rank of Chief superintendent of Immigration (CSI) or its equivalents in the sister organization.
- Application Closing Date: 3rd July, 2017.
- Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICES (NIS) RECRUITMENT 2017: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian by birth/decent (evidence must be shown)
- Applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of a criminal offence and must not be a member of a secret society/cult.
- Applicant must be free from financial embarrassment – not in bankruptcy state.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females.
- Applicant’s chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- Applicants must be medically fit and present certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
Therefore candidates with any of the following medical conditions need not apply:
- Impediment in speech (stammerer/dumb)
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Knocked knees
- Bent knees
- Bow legs
- Flat foot
- Limb legs
- Bent arms/deformed hands/fracture
- Defective eye sight (squint-eye, crossed eye, one-eyed and total blindness)
- Amputation of any part of physical body
- Hunched back
- Sight problem;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Previous major orthopaedic operation;
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability.
- Flat foot;
- Medical challenges and any other physical deformity not mentioned.
I am sure that this publication, NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICES (NIS) RECRUITMENT 2017 answers some of these your questions like:
How Can I Apply for Nigeria Immigration Service 2017/2018?
Where can I obtain the 2017 Nigeria Immigration Service form?
Is the Nigeria Immigration Service 2017 Recruitment Form out?
When will Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment start?
I need Nigeria Immigration Service updates, etc.
Is Nigeria Immigration Service recruitments Real for 2017 etc.?
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2017/2018
NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICES (NIS) RECRUITMENT 2017:
THE NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) was extracted from the the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) in 1958 and called The Immigration Department and headed by the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO). I has gon a lot of changes since then. It was formally established by an Act of the Parliament ( Cap. 171 LFN) 1st August, 1963.
This is based on their resolve to have an IT driven security outfit that can conveniently address the operational challenges of modern migration.
To give the immigration service a new sense of direction that can make it relevant at all times to the world security order and responsive to global migration trend.
As a result of the restructuring of the Service, the directorates have been increased to seven (7) from the previous three (3). Eight Zonal offices, Thirty-Six State Commands & Federal Capital Territory and Immigration offices in the 774 local government areas.
The seven directorates are:
- Human Resources
- Finance and Accounts
- Planning, Research and Statistics
- Work and Procurement
- Investigation, Inspectorate/ Enforcement
- Operations/ Passport
- Border Patrol, ECOWAS/ African Affairs
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTORATE
This directorate is mandated to handle the following:
Appointment, Promotion and Discipline
Staff Welfare and Gender
Training and Staff Development
To ensure that appropriate Nominal Roll is kept and implement Bio-metric Registration of all officers
To ensure enhance welfare of officers
Proffer unbiased recommendation for the discipline of erring officers
To provide necessary administrative and technical support for the smooth running of the service
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS
Its primary role is that of providing the necessary financial support for the smooth running of the service. Its basic responsibilities
To ensure timely preparation and submission of budget
To ensure timely payment of claims and salaries to officers
Handling all financial transactions of the service
PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
The directorate is saddle with the responsibility of:
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Research and Statistics
ICT and Data Bank
Generate research and policies to drive the service
Analyse monthly returns and make necessary recommendations
WORK AND PROCUREMENT
The directorate is to handle:
To ensure the maintenance of our facilities and buildings nationwide
Ensure that contracts are duly awarded, monitored and done according to specifications
INVESTIGATION, INSPECTORATE/ ENFORCEMENT
This directorate is charged with the responsibility:
Migration and Aliens
Investigation of breaches of Nigeria’s extant Immigration laws
Prepares eligibility, briefs on applicants seeking to obtain Nigeria Citizenship
Enforces repatriation and deportation orders
To ensure that incidence of Human Trafficking and Smuggling of migrants is reduced
To vet all officers holding strategic positions in the Service and all new in-takes
The directorate is to handle:
Visa/ Entry Permit
Other Travel Documents
Issue various Immigration facilities within specified real time
To drive successfully the implementation of the new Visa Policy
To pursue to logical conclusion the investigation and cancellation of any fraudulently issued passports
To ensure that a credible watch list is maintained and is circulated to passport offices and periodically updated
To keep a soft-copy of Nigerians renouncing their citizenship and ensure their passports are duly cancelled
Implementation of multilateral and bilateral agreements
BORDER PATROL, ECOWAS/ AFRICAN AFFAIRS
The directorate is charged with manning all
Airport/ Air Patrol
ECOWAS/ African Affairs
Manning of Nigeria’s exit and entry points
To patrol Nigeria’s aerial, Coastal and Land Borders
To monitor the movement of ECOWAS and other African Citizens
To ensure that irregular movement of persons through unapproved routs is reduced to the barest minimum- so as to effectively combat the incidence of Human Trafficking, Weapon smuggling and Terrorism
To ensure that prohibited and wanted persons do not enter or leave the country undetected.
Founder/Managing Partner of Complete Full Marks Consultants Ltd. An Economist turned Chattered Accountant and Tax Practitioner with over 37 years of industrial experience.