This is NECO 2018 Chemistry Practical Specimens/2018 NECO Chemistry Practical Specimens and Answers – NECO 2018 May/June chemistry practical questions and answers – related to these are NECO past questions 2016, 2016/2017 NECO chemistry practical answers, 2015 NCO past questions and answers, NECO chemistry practical past questions and answers, NECO chemistry practicals Expo questions, NECO past questions 2016 chemistry practical and NECO chemistry practical question and answer 2015.
In this post are researched regularly repeated NECO 2018 Chemistry Practical Specimens/2018 NECO Chemistry Practical Specimens and Answers. Get them in your finger tips and you are sure of a high grade in this exams NECO 2018 Chemistry Practical Specimens/2018 NECO Chemistry Practical Specimens Questions And Answers.
WHAT NECO STANDS FOR
Table of Contents
The National Examinations Council – NECO is a Nigerian Government owned examination body that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively. These are entry qualification examinations for higher education institutions in Nigeria.
NECO was created in April 1999 with a mandated to take over the responsibilities of the National Board of Education Measurement (NBEM).
NECO therefore conducts Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (internal and external), Junior Secondary Certificate Examination (JSCE) for Federal Unity College and other Federal secondary schools and Private secondary schools, and National Common Entrance Examination for primary 6 pupils interested in admission into Federal Unity Colleges.
The Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (internal and external) are entry qualification examinations for higher education institutions in Nigeria.
NECO RESULTS & HIGHER SCHOOL ADMISSION
As you know, no University, Polytechnic, or college of education in Nigeria would admit you into any of their courses without a good grade in any of these examinations. That is why over three million candidates register and take these subject exams annually.
Consequently, in NECO 2018 Chemistry Practical Specimens/2018 NECO Chemistry Practical Specimens and Answers, our goal is to help you achieve this your life dream. Listed here are Chemistry practical specimens, questions and answers relevant to 2018 June/July chemistry practical Subject examination.
VERIFIED NECO 2018 NECO CHEMISTRY SPECIMEN
These are the expected specimen used for writing NECO practical for 2018 according to the Chemistry past questions and answer.
- Measured Dilute sodium hydroxide solution
- Measured Dilute ammonia solution
- Some quantity of Dilute hydrochloric acid
- A rubber filled with Distilled water
- Blue and Red litmus paper for practical
- New Fehlings solution (I & II)
- A glass filled with Concentrated tetraoxosulphate (vi) solution (H2SO4)
- Recently prepared iron (II) tetraoxosulphate (VI) solution (Fe2SO4), burette (60cm 3), pipette (30cm3 or 35cm3), filtration apparatus, methyl orange, boiling tube, test tubes, SALTS: CuO,ZnSO4,Na2CO3
QUESTION 1 :
In addition to the fittings and reagents normally contained in a chemistry laboratory, the following apparatus and materials will be required by each candidate
- 1 burette of 60cm3 capacity
- 1 pipette, either 30cm3 or 35cm3. All candidates at one centre must use pipettes of the same volume. These should be clean and free from grease
- Regular Specimen Apparatus for Titration in Chemistry
This is a complete list of usual/regular apparatus and reagents for qualitative work including the following with all reagents appropriately labelled to avoid mistake.
- Four test tubes
- Wash bottle containing distilled/deionized water
- Mathematical table/calculator.
- Dilute sodium hydroxide solution
- Barium chloride solution
- Dilute trioxonitrate (V) acid
- Glass rod
- Aqueous ammonia
- Dilute hydrochloric acid
- Silver trioxonitrate (V) solution
- Dilute tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid
- Filtration apparatus
- Two boiling tubes
According to NECO, each candidate should be supplied with the following, where ‘n’ is the candidate’s serial number.
- 150cm3 of ethanedioic acid (H2C204) solution in a corked flask or bottled labelled ‘An’. These should all be the same containing 4.50g of H2C204 per dm3 of solution.
- 150cm3 of potassium tetraoxomanganate (VII) solution in a corked flask or bottle labelled ‘Bn’. These should all be the same containing 3.16g of KMnO4 per dm3 of solution.
- One spatulaful of a uniform mixture of NaCl and ZnCO3 in a specimen bottle labelled ‘Cn’. The components of the mixture should be in the ratio 1:1 by mass.
READ OTHER NECO 2018 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS HERE:
Always visit www.completefmc.com for your education and career updates.
If you enjoyed this, plase share to reach your friends.
Founder/Managing Partner of Complete Full Marks Consultants Ltd. An Economist turned Chattered Accountant and Tax Practitioner with over 37 years of industrial experience.