These FCSC Promotion Interview Questions on EFCC is very relevant for your promotion interview this year. So, these are EFCC interview questions. In fact, for your success, we have combined both current and past EFCC questions and answers here. As a matter of fact, they are free likely EFCC past questions and answers. Now, let’s begin from definitions.
What is EFCC?
Table of Contents
EFCC is acronym for Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is a Nigerian law enforcement agency that investigates financial crimes such as advance fee fraud and money laundering. It operates differently and independently from ICPC
What then is the difference between EFCC and ICPC?
As a matter of fact, you have to note that the ICPC targets corruption in the public sector such as bribery, gratification, graft, and abuse or misuse of office. But the EFCC investigates people in both private and public sectors who appear to be living above their means. In fact, it’s empowered to investigate and prosecute money laundering and other financial crimes.
What then are the duties of EFCC?
As a matter of fact, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is a Nigerian law enforcement agency that investigates financial crimes. Such crimes as advance fee fraud (419 fraud) and money laundering are investigated.
- 2018/2019 Civil Service promotion Exams on Public Service Rules/ Current Questions and Answers
- Civil Service Exam Questions on Pension Matters
- AUTHENTIC QUESTIONS FOR 2019 FED. CIVIL SERVICE PROMOTION EXAMS
- FCSC Exams on Banking System
The ICPC Mandate: FCSC Promotion Interview Questions on EFCC
Is to prohibit and prescribe punishment for corrupt practices and other related offences.
Duties of the Commission:
Section 6 (a-f) of the ICPC Act 2000 sets out the duties of the Commission to;
- Receive and investigate complaints from members of the public on allegations of corrupt practices and in appropriate cases, prosecute the offenders.
- Examine the practices, systems and procedures of public bodies and where such systems aid corruption, to direct and supervise their review.
- Instruct, advice and assist any officer, agency, or parastatal on ways by which fraud or corruption may be eliminated or minimized by them.
- Advice heads of public bodies of any changes in practice, systems or procedures compatible with the effective discharge of the duties of public bodies to reduce the likelihood or incidence of bribery, corruption and related offences.
- Educate the public on and against bribery, corruption and related offences.
- Enlist and foster public support in combating corruption.
As a matter of fact, with respect to the prosecution of cases, the ICPC Act 2000 provides that every prosecution for offences under it shall be deemed to be done with the consent of the Attorney-General. Furthermore, it is provided that the Chief Judge of a State or the Federal Capital Territory shall designate a court or judge to hear and determine all cases arising under the Act.
Now EFCC Specific Questions: FCSC Promotion Interview Questions on EFCC
When was EFCC – Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Established?
It was established 4th June, 2004 as (419 Act. 2004).
Now List 5 five functions of EFCC.
These are to;
- Investigate any person, corporate body or Organizations that has committed an offence under this Act. Or other related offences to economic and financial crimes.
- Enforcement of the provisions of the money laundering Act 2004, 2003 No. 7. 1995 No. 13.
- The advance free fraud and other related offences Act. 1995
- The failed Banks (Recovery of Debt and Financial Malpractices in Banks) Act as amended.
- The banks and other financial institutions Act 1991, as amended.
- Miscellaneous offences Act.
- Any other offences relating to economic and financial crime including enforcement of criminal code and penal code.
Your Revision Question:
Just check out on these to be sure you are ready for your promotion interview this year. Good luck.
- Is EFCC under police?
- How would you describe corruption?
- Who is the current EFCC chairman?
- What are the challenges of ICPC?
- How can I apply for ICPC Recruitment?
Thanks for reading through. Would you please, help share thi post.
Deacon Anekperechi Nworgu, a seasoned economist who transitioned into a chartered accountant, auditor, tax practitioner, and business consultant, brings with him a wealth of industry expertise spanning over 37 years.